Crunchy Asian Cucumber Salad with peanuts and a brilliant sesame dressing is simply the recipe to maintain you cool in sizzling summer season months.
When the summer season heats up, this straightforward Asian cucumber salad is without doubt one of the facet dish recipes I look ahead to most. (This Black Bean Corn Salad can also be on my listing.)
It’s fast, recent, cooling, and alluring.
Plus, it comes with an sudden secret ingredient: honey-roasted peanuts.
Past crunch, their contact of sweetness wakes up the cucumbers and pairs fantastically with the zippy sesame dressing.
It actually makes this the very best Asian cucumber salad recipe!
If cucumber salads (like this Creamy Cucumber Salad) haven’t historically been prime of thoughts on your summer season potluck wants, it’s time to alter your pondering, pronto.
They’re the right refreshing accompaniment at any cookout. (This Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad is a assured winner too!)
5 Star Overview
“Scrumptious!!! Successful !! Will Undoubtedly be making this once more!! Thanks for this recent recipe!”
— Martha —
The way to Make Asian Cucumber Salad
The components on this recipe couldn’t be less complicated, however they work collectively to create a spectacular salad. (This Wholesome Coleslaw is one other summer season potluck winner made with kitchen staples.)
Minimal components. Most payoff.
That is summer season cooking at its best!
- Cucumber. This cool, refreshing ingredient is simply what your potluck wants on a sizzling summer season day. (I particularly love cucumbers in Salmon Salad!) They’re hydrating due to their excessive water content material and are an excellent supply of fiber too.
- Honey Roasted Peanuts. The key ingredient! They up the crunch issue (at all times a optimistic with a cucumber salad) and work properly with the straightforward dressing.
- Sesame Oil. This ingredient provides something to which you add it complexity and nuttiness. Simply 1 little teaspoon ups the satisfaction issue of the dressing.
- Rice Vinegar. This tangy part balances the honey-roasted peanuts. It provides the dressing a candy and bitter issue, making it the very best Asian cucumber salad dressing ever.
- Soy Sauce. No salt is required. Soy sauce has the required umami issue to completely season this simple cucumber salad and get up all the opposite flavors.
- Garlic. To provide our dressing some zip.
- Sugar. Only one teaspoon balances the saltiness of the soy sauce and the sourness of the rice vinegar.
- Chili Flakes. You gained’t discover a complicated mix of spices right here. A splash of chili flakes is all you want in case you’re trying so as to add a little bit kick to this straightforward cucumber salad recipe.
- Slice the cucumbers and place them in a big bowl. Add the peanuts.
- Whisk collectively the soy sesame dressing in a small bowl.
- Stir the dressing into the salad, add a sprinkling of chili flakes (elective) and ENJOY!
Listed below are a few of my favourite methods to place a spin on this straightforward Asian cucumber salad recipe:
- Thai-Impressed Asian Cucumber Salad. Add a touch of fish sauce, recent ginger, cilantro, and a tablespoon or two of recent lime juice.
- Further Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad. Toss in some additional crimson pepper flakes and some teaspoons of Sriracha or chili oil to style.
- Asian Cucumber Salad with Seafood. Add some protein to show this salad into a whole meal. Asian cucumber salad with crab, tuna, or cooked shrimp are just a few of my favs.
- Korean-Impressed Asian Cucumber Salad. For a Korean twist, add just a few teaspoons of gochujang chili paste to style and garnish with gochugaru chili flakes, inexperienced onion, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Asian Cucumber Salad with Pink Onion. A reader-favorite strategy to kick this salad up a notch is to comply with the directions above however add thinly sliced crimson onion to the salad. Yum!
- To Retailer. This salad tastes finest the day it’s made however could be refrigerated for as much as 3 days. Style and season the leftovers with a little bit additional soy sauce as wanted.
- To Freeze. I don’t suggest freezing cucumbers. Their excessive moisture will trigger them to grow to be mushy.
Meal Prep Tip
Combine up the dressing as much as 3 days upfront. Retailer within the fridge.
Questioning what goes with Asian cucumber salad? Listed below are just a few of my favourite pairings.
- Asian Cucumber Salad with Salmon. Toss with greens and this Teriyaki Salmon for a tasty lunch salad.
- Teriyaki Burgers with Grilled Pineapple—i.e. Hawaiian Teriyaki Burgers. Moist, juicy hen or turkey burgers topped with a candy and tangy teriyaki burger sauce, grilled pineapple, and onion.
- Soy Ginger Salmon—i.e. Baked Soy Ginger Salmon. A simple, foolproof recipe for moist and flavorful baked salmon with honey soy ginger glaze. Easy, wholesome, and delicious!
- Crispy Asian Rooster Tenders—i.e. Oven-baked Crispy Asian Rooster Tenders. Juicy on the within, crispy on the surface, with a simple ginger, soy sauce, and garlic marinade.
- Egg Roll In A Bowl. The BEST egg roll in a bowl recipe! This simple egg roll in a bowl with floor turkey and broccoli slaw is a wholesome and low-carb meal.
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Sharp Knife. Essentially the most important of kitchen instruments. A mandoline is one other nice possibility for making uniform cucumber slices.
- Non-Slip Reducing Board. Minimize cucumbers (and all the pieces else!) extra safely.
- Liquid Measuring Cups. Dishwasher protected, microwave protected, and excellent for measuring and mixing dressing on the similar time.
All-Goal Measuring Cups
These liquid measuring cups (don’t measure your liquid components within the dry variety!) are dishwasher and microwave protected. Excellent for measuring and mixing dressings and sauces concurrently (you’ll be able to’t have too many!).
Summer time is right here, and so is Asian cucumber salad season!
Steadily Requested Questions
Japanese cucumbers, Persian cucumbers, and Asian cucumbers are generally bought beneath the title “mini cucumbers.” All of those will work on this recipe. Search for slim cucumbers with a skinny pores and skin.
English cucumbers are your finest wager in case you can’t discover mini cucumbers. Additionally they have skinny skins (so you continue to gained’t want a vegetable peeler), however they comprise seeds, and I discover them to be extra watery. Subsequently, it would be best to halve them lengthwise, scrape out the seeds, and dry them with paper towels first.
Sunomono, which interprets to “vinegared factor” in Japanese, is a standard cucumber salad from Japan. This recipe is loosely impressed by the traditional recipe, which additionally incorporates cucumbers marinated in rice vinegar with sugar. See Simply One Cookbook for a recipe.
- 6 Persian or Japanese cucumbers* typically labeled “mini cucumbers”
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts chopped
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce (or gluten-free tamari)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Crushed crimson pepper flakes for serving
- TO STORE. This salad tastes finest the day it’s made however could be refrigerated for as much as 3 days. Style and season the leftovers with a little bit additional soy sauce as wanted.
- TO FREEZE. I don’t suggest freezing cucumbers. Their excessive moisture content material will trigger them to grow to be mushy when thawed.
- *INGREDIENT NOTE: You can also swap 2 medium/massive English cucumbers. Earlier than slicing, reduce the English cucumbers in half lengthwise, then with a small spoon, scrape out the seeds.
- Recipe reprinted with permission from The Secret Ingredient Cookbook by Kelly Senyei. The unique recipe calls for two Persian cucumbers, however I’m a fan of the upper veggie ratio, so I added additional. Be happy to regulate to your style.
Serving: 1of 4Energy: 140kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 6gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 2gPotassium: 274mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 88IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 1mg
Be part of right this moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.
Asian-inspired salads make crowd-pleasing, recent facet dish choices for cookouts and wholesome dinners.