Let’s add a bit of sparkle to our aspect dish routine! Balsamic Brussels Sprouts are a revamp of my favourite roasted inexperienced veggie.
Brussels sprouts are like my favourite pair of sweatpants. I rely on them.
Whether or not grilled, sautéed, roasted, or made in a crockpot (ahem, Crockpot Brussels Sprouts), easy Brussels sprouts recipes are a lifestyle in our home.
At this time, nonetheless, we’re altering out of our sweatpants and dressing up our Brussels sprouts for a date!
With their heat, crispy, caramelized outsides and tender insides, these balsamic Brussels sprouts are a satisfying addition that can elevate any meal. (As are these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic.)
Even those that profess to not be followers of Brussels sprouts will change their tune as soon as they’ve tried this straightforward roasted balsamic Brussels sprouts recipe. (These Brussels Sprouts Chips are one other positive approach to convert nonbelievers.)
Don’t be stunned when it’s love at first chunk!
5 Star Overview
“Crispy, bursting with taste! My husband stated they have been one of the best I ever made.”
— Victoria —
Make Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
The coating of a candy and tangy balsamic vinegar + maple syrup caramelizes these roasted Brussels sprouts to candied perfection within the oven. (It’s the identical science behind these Baked Acorn Squash Slices.)
- Brussels Sprouts. These mini-cabbages are a member of the cruciferous household (together with broccoli, cauliflower, and kale). They’re filled with Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and Vitamin C. (Attempt these Smashed Brussels Sprouts subsequent!)
Make this recipe your individual with a customized medley of greens. Take a look at my final information to Oven Roasted Greens for ideas and seasoning strategies.
- Olive Oil. To assist the Brussels sprouts crisp to perfection. Don’t skimp.
- Balsamic Vinegar. A bit candy, a bit of tangy, and rather a lot scrumptious. Similar to my Balsamic Glazed Salmon, roasting Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar enhances the sprouts’ pure flavors.
- Maple Syrup. For sweetness and addictive caramelization. (Like in these Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts.)
- Cheese. An elective however extremely inspired addition. Each balsamic Brussels sprouts with feta and Parmesan are great decisions.
- Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Bacon. Crumble just a few slices of my Oven Baked Bacon or Air Fryer Bacon excessive of your completed sprouts. (Or give these delicious Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts a strive.)
- Balsamic Honey Brussels Sprouts. Swap the maple syrup on this recipe for honey. It’s an equally scrumptious sweetener. (Honey hits the spot on these Roasted Carrots too.)
- Brown Sugar Balsamic Brussels Sprouts. Omit the maple syrup. Whisk the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar collectively till mixed, then toss with the sprouts as directed.
- Extra Toppings for Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and contemporary thyme are different unbelievable toppings for this roasted balsamic Brussels sprouts recipe.
- Organize the Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet.
- Toss with olive oil, maple syrup or honey, and seasoning.
Make sure that they’re lower aspect down and unfold right into a single layer for optimum crispiness.
- Roast at balsamic Brussels sprouts 400 levels F for quarter-hour. Take away from oven, drizzle balsamic on high, then toss to coat. Bake for one more 8 to 10 minutes. End with cheese (if utilizing), and ENJOY!
Different Cooking Strategies
- Air Fryer Balsamic Brussels Sprouts. To make balsamic Brussels sprouts within the air fryer, head to my Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts and add some balsamic to jazz up the recipe.
- Stovetop Balsamic Brussels Sprouts. You can also make sautéed balsamic Brussels sprouts on the stovetop by including balsamic vinegar to my Sautéed Brussels Sprouts recipe throughout the previous couple of minutes of cooking.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate Brussels sprouts in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F.
- To Freeze. I don’t advocate freezing cooked Brussels sprouts, as their texture might be mushy as soon as thawed.
What to Serve with Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Apple Cider Hen
Grilled Pork Chops
Baked Salmon in Foil
Beneficial Instruments to Make This Recipe
The Greatest Balsamic Brussels Sprouts Pan
Created from high quality aluminum, these baking sheets are greater sturdy and conduct warmth very evenly.
Oh, balsamic Brussels sprouts, I can not await our second date!
Continuously Requested Questions
Whereas I’ve not experimented with this, I believe it may very well be executed. I recommend following this Roasted Frozen Brussels Sprouts recipe and drizzling some balsamic onto the Brussels Sprouts in the direction of the tip of cooking.
Why Gained’t My Brussels Sprouts Get Crispy?
Overcrowding your Brussels sprouts on the sheet pan is the frequent wrongdoer for soggy sprouts. When roasting, the Brussels sprouts want enough area round them so air can flow into correctly. When positioned too shut collectively, the Brussels sprouts will steam relatively than roast, which provides them a softer relatively than crispy texture.
- 2 kilos Brussels sprouts robust backside stem ends trimmed, discolored leaves eliminated, and lower in half lengthwise from stem to finish
- 2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese or 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese elective
Place a rack within the heart of your oven and preheat the oven to 400 levels F. For simple clean-up, line a big, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the Brussels sprouts within the heart of the pan and high with olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
Unfold right into a single layer on the baking sheet. For optimum crispiness, flip the Brussels sprouts in order that the lower sides are touching the baking sheet. In case your baking sheet is just too small to carry all the Brussels sprouts with out crowding them, unfold them between two pans.
Bake for quarter-hour, then take away the pan from the oven. Drizzle the balsamic excessive. With a spatula, gently toss to coat the Brussels sprouts with the balsamic and promote even browning, then return to the oven.
Proceed cooking for a further 8 to 10 minutes or till the sprouts are crisp on the surface and tender on the within. (In case you are roasting on two sheet pans, swap the pans’ positions on the higher and decrease racks after you add the balsamic). Do not be alarmed if the outsides of the Brussels sprouts turn into fairly darkish; that is the balsamic and maple syrup caramelizing.
Take away the pan from the oven and sprinkle with cheese, both straight on the sheet pan or after transferring the Brussels sprouts to a serving plate. Serve scorching.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate Brussels sprouts in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F.
- TO FREEZE: I don’t advocate freezing cooked Brussels sprouts, as their texture might be mushy as soon as thawed.
Serving: 1(of 6) with out cheeseEnergy: 121kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 5gFats: 5gSaturated Fats: 1gPotassium: 602mgFiber: 6gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1140IUVitamin C: 129mgCalcium: 67mgIron: 2mg
Be a part of immediately and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.
Brussels sprouts are so candy and attractive, I make them in some style not less than twice per week. Listed here are a few of my favourite Brussels sprouts recipes: