Oh how I really like you, candy corn season. Perhaps it’s the right little bites of grilled corn added to any and all summer time recipes, or possibly it’s watching my two boys savor each messy chunk of corn on the cob.
Okay, it’s undoubtedly each.
I had been dreaming up a brand new, distinctive means to make use of up candy corn this summer time and remembered this easy but extremely scrumptious pasta recipe I made this winter with wealthy brown butter and acorn squash because the sauce. Why not flip sauteéd corn into an equally as luscious sauce?
That’s how this brown butter corn pasta got here to life. I really like that this glorious meal solely requires a number of components, however the result’s the right combo of candy, savory, creamy and contemporary. You’ll mix candy corn proper in with some ricotta to make the sauce, after which combine in the remainder of these scrumptious kernels. Lengthy story quick, this would possibly simply be your new fav means to make use of up summer time corn, so load up on the farmer’s market or grocery retailer and get to it!
Substances on this brown butter corn pasta
Among the best components about this totally scrumptious corn ricotta pasta is that it’s made with only a handful of components. Whereas it appears so easy, the flavour combo on this dish is out-of-this-world good. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Butter: we’re browning that butter, child! You’ll combine brown butter proper into the pasta, and also you’ll want a bit to sauté your corn down.
- Corn: there’s nothing higher this time of yr than contemporary candy corn. You’ll really use the corn kernels within the sauce in addition to sprinkled all through the pasta dish.
- Ricotta: the remainder of the sauce is made with creamy ricotta cheese. YUM.
- Pasta: I really like utilizing fairly tagliatelle pasta, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite form like fettuccine, linguine, and extra.
- To season: we’re merely seasoning this brown butter corn pasta with salt and pepper!
- To garnish: add contemporary basil and inexperienced onion to provide the pasta the right quantity of freshness.
Can I make it vegan or gluten free?
- To make vegan: I haven’t examined this pasta dish with a vegan ricotta substitute, so I’m undecided how the flavour would end up. Let me know in case you attempt it! You’ll additionally want to make use of a vegan buttery stick, and please observe that you just can’t brown vegan butter. You’ll simply soften it earlier than including it to the pasta.
- To make gluten free: merely use your favourite gluten free pasta form like this one.
Methods to brown butter
Why add common butter when you possibly can add wealthy, nutty, completely scrumptious brown butter? The brown butter provides such unimaginable taste to this corn ricotta pasta recipe. Get all of my ideas and methods for browning butter in this publish — it’s superb in each candy and savory recipes!
Brown butter and corn ricotta pasta in 5 steps
- Brown your butter. Begin by browning your butter till it reaches a stunning amber colour, then set it apart to chill.
- Cook dinner your pasta & corn. Boil the water to your pasta, then sauté your corn kernels in some butter or olive oil, salt & pepper. Whereas the corn is cooking, cook dinner your pasta and reserve some pasta water earlier than you drain it.
- Make the sauce. Add half of the sauteéd corn, ricotta, salt, pepper & the reserved pasta water to a blender and mix till good and creamy.
- Add the butter & sauce. Stir the brown butter into the cooked pasta, then toss with the corn and ricotta combination.
- Garnish & serve. End with the additional corn, contemporary basil, inexperienced onion, salt & pepper and serve! Be at liberty so as to add some crimson pepper flakes for a bit of warmth, too. YUM.
Scrumptious veggie add-ins
When Rebecca, Abra and I examined (and fell in love with) this corn and brown butter pasta, we couldn’t cease dreaming up much more summer time veggies so as to add to it. Be at liberty to attempt including:
- Contemporary or burst cherry tomatoes
- Grilled asparagus or zucchini (discover ways to grill veggies right here!)
- Candy peas
- Spinach or kale
The choices are really countless!
Add a lift of protein
This brown butter & corn pasta already packs about 15g of protein per serving from the pasta and ricotta, however these protein add-ins would even be scrumptious:
- A can of chickpeas (to maintain it vegetarian)
- Grilled rooster
- Grilled shrimp
- Crispy bacon
- Floor pork or turkey sausage, or your favourite sliced rooster sausage
Methods to retailer this corn ricotta pasta
Retailer any leftover brown butter corn ricotta pasta in hermetic containers within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days. To reheat merely achieve this in a microwave protected dish or on the stovetop with a splash of water.
Extra scrumptious methods to make use of candy corn
Get all of our recipes utilizing corn right here!
I hope you’re keen on this creamy candy corn and brown butter pasta! If you happen to make it you should definitely depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you favored it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Creamy Candy Corn & Brown Butter Ricotta Pasta
Creamy candy corn and brown butter ricotta pasta made with 4 core components and contemporary garnishes. The luscious sauce on this summery pasta dish is made proper within the blender with brown butter, ricotta, and corn! Take pleasure in this glorious, comforting dinner as is, or customise it together with your fav seasonal veggies and proteins.
- For the brown butter:
- For the corn:
butter or olive oil
contemporary candy corn, reduce off the cob (3-4 ears of corn ought to yield roughly 3 cups)
- Freshly floor salt and pepper, to style
- For the ricotta:
- For the pasta:
tagliatelle pasta (or sub fettuccine or linguine or any kind of pasta you need!)
reserved pasta water
- To garnish:
basil, reduce into ribbons
sliced inexperienced onions
First, brown your butter: add butter to a medium saucepan or skillet and place over medium warmth. The butter will start to soften, crackle, after which finally foam. Be sure you whisk consistently throughout this course of. After a few minutes, the butter will start to brown and switch a pleasant golden amber colour on the underside of the saucepan, this often occurs as soon as it foams. Proceed to whisk and take away from warmth as quickly because the butter begins to brown and provides off a nutty aroma. Instantly switch the butter to a medium bowl to stop burning, ensuring you scrape all of the yummy brown bits from the pan with a rubber spatula; that is the place the flavour is! Put aside to chill.
Convey a big pot of water to a boil to your pasta, then begin cooking your corn.
Place a skillet over medium excessive warmth and add in 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter. As soon as oil is sizzling or butter is melted, add within the corn, season with salt and pepper, and saute for about 10 minutes; stirring once in a while till corn begins to caramelize and switch barely golden in locations. Add half of the sauteed corn to a blender with the ½ cup of ricotta and ½ teaspoon salt and put aside; don’t mix but. Reserve the remaining half of corn for stirring into the pasta.
Whereas the corn is cooking, you possibly can cook dinner your pasta in keeping with the instructions on the package deal. Earlier than draining pasta and including again to the pan, reserve ½ cup of pasta water and add to the corn/ricotta combination, then mix the combination till largely clean.
Lastly, add brown butter to the cooked pasta and stir to coat, then toss within the blended corn/ricotta combination, further corn, basil and inexperienced onion. Add freshly floor salt and pepper to style. If you happen to like a bit of warmth, i believe crimson pepper flakes could be fabulous. Serves 4-6.
To make gluten free: merely use your favourite gluten free pasta.
See the total publish for ideas, methods & simple methods to customise your pasta with further veggies or protein!
Servings: 4 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving (based mostly on 4)
Saturated fats: 11.7g