This 7 Layer Greek Dip is layered with hummus and garlic-lemon Greek yogurt and topped with cucumbers, tomatoes, pink onions, feta, and kalamata olives. Seize some pita chips and serve it at your subsequent celebration!
Greek 7 Layer Dip
I really like this Greek 7 Layer Dip for its Mediterranean flavors and lightweight and refreshing style. It’s additionally simply really easy to whip up in a rush earlier than a celebration or BBQ. Extra of my favourite Greek-inspired recipes are my Crustless Spinach and Feta Pie, Greek Turkey Burgers, and Greek Pasta Salad. And in order for you extra dip concepts, attempt my Baked Mexican Layer Dip, Buffalo Hen Dip and Taco Dip.
Occasion dips might be so heavy, however this one is loaded with wholesome components. My favourite a part of this dip is the additional protein within the hummus from the garbanzo beans (often known as chickpeas). For those who’re serving this Greek layer dip for a big celebration, you possibly can double the recipe or halve it for a small one.
What’s Greek 7 layer dip product of?
Listed here are the seven layers on this simple Greek dip:
- Hummus: The underside layer is hummus. You probably have the time, make the hummus from scratch. If not, use your favourite store-bought hummus. You could possibly additionally change it up through the use of flavored hummus, like pink pepper or garlic.
- Yogurt: Mix the Greek yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt, and floor pepper. You could possibly additionally make this layer with tzatziki. For those who don’t eat dairy or need to hold it vegan, skip the yogurt and add extra hummus.
- Crimson Onion: Sub inexperienced onions or shallot.
- Cucumber: Use a seedless English cucumber since they’re much less watery. For those who solely have common cucumbers, minimize out the seeds.
- Tomatoes: Swap Roma tomatoes with cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Feta: Feta cheese provides a salty, tangy taste to the dip.
- Kalamata Olives: End the dip with sliced kalamatas. For those who solely have black olives, these will work too.
HOW TO MAKE GREEK DIP
It doesn’t take lengthy to make this Greek layer dip recipe as soon as your components are prepped. Layer all of the components, beginning with the hummus and ending with the olives in an 8” x 8” or 7″ x 11″ glass dish. Benefit from the dip with entire wheat pita chips or baked corn chips or carrot and celery sticks for a low-carb choice.
Are you able to make Greek 7 layer dip the evening earlier than?
You’ll be able to prep all of the components forward, but it surely’s finest to layer it simply earlier than serving, because the cucumbers are inclined to get watery in the event that they sit too lengthy.
Extra Dip Recipes You Would possibly Take pleasure in:
Greek 7 Layer Dip
Hummus, yogurt, pink onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta and olives are layered to create this scrumptious Greek impressed dip – seize a chip and serve this at your subsequent celebration!
- 8 ounces hummus, retailer purchased or do-it-yourself
- 1 cup 0% fats Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp chopped recent dill
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 2 tbsp pink onion, minced
- 1 cup English cucumber, about ½ giant, ½-inch cube
- 1 cup Roma tomato, seeded, ½-inch cube
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
In a small bowl, mix yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt and freshly floor pepper. Put aside.
In an 8”x8” or 7″ x 11″glass dish, layer the hummus, yogurt combination, pink onion, cucumber, tomatoes, feta and olives.
Serve with entire grain pita chips or baked corn chips.
Serving: 1/4 cup, Energy: 93kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 5g, Ldl cholesterol: 6mg, Sodium: 202mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 2g
WW Factors Plus: 3
Key phrases: 7 layer dip, Greek 7 layer dip, Greek Dip