This Mediterranean Couscous Salad is simple, wholesome, and excellent for lunches or meatless meal prep for the week. You possibly can even deliver it as a facet dish to a cookout or potluck. This dish is straightforward to make, vegetarian, and filled with recent flavors: candy tomatoes, crunchy cucumber, hearty chickpeas, salty olives, creamy Feta, recent herbs, and itty bitty couscous all tossed collectively in a tasty Greek French dressing. What’s to not love? Plus, every satisfying serving of just a little over a cup is simply 187 energy or 6 WW PersonalPoints. When you have entire wheat couscous as a Zero Level meals you possibly can substitute that and scale back the factors to 4 PersonalPoints per serving. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or web site, click on right here.
I really like couscous in a salad as a result of it’s so small it feels prefer it’s bouncing round my tongue whereas I eat it. That’s most likely bizarre, however I really feel what I really feel, okay? If you happen to’ve by no means had it earlier than, couscous isn’t an entire grain or a seed like quinoa (although they each appear like little dots), it’s really a pasta. It cooks tremendous shortly, so it’s simple to whip up and toss with some veggies and your favourite French dressing for a salad. You can even use entire wheat couscous if most well-liked or if in case you have it as a WW zero level meals.
After I measured out this salad I had about 6 ½ cups whole, so the serving measurement is barely greater than a cup. I assume I’ll say it’s a barely rounded cup? Backside line: if you happen to’re measuring your serving, be at liberty to be just a little bit beneficiant together with your measuring cup.
- Grains: I extremely advocate Moroccan couscous on this as a result of it’s actually good, however if you wish to use the flavors of this salad and swap it out for one thing else you possibly can. You possibly can cook dinner up some pearl couscous, quinoa, orzo, or farro to make use of on this and I feel they’d all be tasty.
- Meat: I made this dish as a meatless salad, however if you wish to add some hen or steak I’m positive it will style good and make this a heartier meal.
- Veggies: I don’t like uncooked onion so I by no means use it in something, however I think about crimson onion would work on this! Similar factor with diced bell peppers. Chopped spinach may very well be good as nicely.
Extra Tasty, Lightened Up Lunch Concepts
On the lookout for extra tasty, lightened up lunch concepts like this Mediterranean Couscous Salad? Try my Avocado Egg Salad, Greek Hen Quinoa Salad, Thai Peanut Hen Wraps, Taco Hen Salad, Open Confronted Greek Steak Sandwiches, Caprese Sandwich, Cobb Salad, Hen Bacon Apple Cheddar Wraps, Barbecue Ranch Hen Salad, Cucumber Sandwiches, Mother’s Straightforward Egg Salad, Pimento Cheese Hen Salad Sandwiches, Hummus Hen Salad, Spicy Southwest Hen Wraps, Doritos Taco Salad, Ham and Cheese Twists, Cajun Turkey Membership Sandwich, and extra within the Salads and Sandwiches classes of my recipe index!
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
This Mediterranean Couscous Salad is simple, wholesome, vegetarian, and filled with recent taste. Good for lunch or as a facet dish!
- 1 cup water
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup raw Moroccan-style couscous
- 2 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned chickpeas
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 oz crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped recent basil
- 1 tablespoon diced recent chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped recent parsley
Pour the water and ¼ teaspoon of the salt right into a medium saucepan. Cowl and convey to a boil over excessive warmth. As soon as boiling, shortly stir within the cup of couscous, cowl the pot and take away from warmth. Maintain coated for five minutes. After 5 minutes, switch the couscous to a serving bowl and fluff with a fork. Permit to chill.
In a small mixing bowl, mix the vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, dried basil, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, mustard, and the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Stir or whisk collectively till mixed and put aside.
Within the serving bowl holding the cooled couscous, add the chickpeas, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, Feta cheese, basil, chives, and parsley and stir till mixed. Pour the dressing from step two excessive and stir till the salad is evenly coated with the dressing and serve.
Vitamin Data per (1 cup) serving:
187 energy, 30 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 7 g fats, 2 g saturated fats, 7 g protein, 3 g fiber, 208 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers PointsPlus:
5 per (1 cup) serving (PP calculated utilizing the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)