This mezze platter is ideal for serving a crowd! Full of recent veggies, pita, and diverse spreads and dips, it affords a bit one thing for everybody.
In case you ask me, a mezze platter is the proper resolution for feeding a crowd. This Center Jap custom of serving a medley of appetizers and small plates earlier than a meal (and even as a meal) ensures that there’s at all times one thing for everybody. Of us can munch on recent veggies, salads, bread, cheese, dips, spreads, and extra.
I like that you could prep each element forward of time, so when you’re entertaining, you simply have to drag the dishes out of the fridge and assemble your mezze platter when your visitors are able to eat. They’ll love sampling all of the totally different parts, and also you’ll love the simple prep. Win-win!
Mezze Platter Parts
Conventional Center Jap mezze embody a variety of dishes – examples like stuffed greens, fritters, and falafel simply scratch the floor. However personally, after I assemble a mezze platter, I prefer to maintain issues easy. I begin by making a couple of dips and a salad. Then, I spherical out the platter with pita bread, olives, recent veggies, and cheese.
Right here’s what I included on the mezze platter you see pictured right here:
- Muhammara – A daring roasted purple pepper and walnut dip.
- Whipped feta – A creamy, tangy unfold that’s excellent for scooping up with recent veggies.
- Tabbouleh – This Lebanese herb salad brings a pop of shiny, recent taste to the platter.
- Contemporary veggies – I used cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and radishes.
- Cubed feta, olives, and artichoke hearts – For salty, briny taste.
- And pita bread – For dipping!
This mix is improbable, however be at liberty to make it your personal. Listed here are a couple of variations to get you began:
Let me know what variations you strive!
Mezze Platter Ideas
- Garnishes go a good distance. I undoubtedly eat with my eyes first, and I like the visible attraction of a well-designed mezze platter. My largest tip for making your mezze platter look as nice because it tastes is to incorporate garnishes like recent herbs and lemon wedges. They’ll fill in any awkward gaps between elements and add beautiful pops of shade.
- Unfold out the prep. A mezze platter is straightforward to place collectively…IF you don’t do all of the prep in a single go. Many dips and spreads will maintain for as much as 4 days within the fridge, and my tabbouleh lasts for 3. Prep one element every day main as much as a gathering, and making an ideal platter will really feel like a breeze.
- Take a shortcut. All that prep not for you? That’s completely nice! You may (and will) search for tasty pre-made additions to your platter on the grocery retailer. I like to recommend snagging marinated olives from the olive bar, grabbing a can of artichoke hearts, and seeing what dips and ready salads you could find. You may not should make something so as to assemble a scrumptious platter.
Extra Favourite Platters and Boards
In case you love this mezze platter, strive one in every of these gorgeous appetizer spreads subsequent:
For extra appetizer concepts, take a look at these 25 Simple Summer time Appetizers or these 50 Greatest Appetizer Recipes!
Serves 6 to eight
Mezze are small plates and appetizers which might be typically shared earlier than a meal within the Center East. This mezze platter consists of an assortment of a majority of these snacks, spreads, and dips, and it is excellent for entertaining. Discover variations within the put up above!
- Whipped Feta
- Pita bread
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sliced Persian cucumbers
- Halved or quartered radishes
- Halved artichoke hearts
- Inexperienced and kalamata olives
- Cubed feta
- Lemon wedges
- Sprigs of recent mint and/or parsley