I’m so excited to share these selfmade Spicy Hen Sandwiches with you. A spicy hen sandwich is my favourite factor to order at a quick meals restaurant, so I used to be a bit skeptical that I may love a lightened up model simply as a lot. I’m telling you straight up, this sandwich is it. Juicy hen breast in a spicy, crispy coating with a tasty creamy sauce, served with candy, juicy tomatoes and recent lettuce on a tasty sandwich roll. I’d fortunately eat these daily and by no means guess that they had been solely 342 energy or between 7-10 WW PersonalPoints (relying on whether or not you will have hen breast as a zero level meals). To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or website, click on right here.
In my view, these Spicy Hen Sandwiches have the proper quantity of spice. Each the hen and the sauce have an excellent kick however undoubtedly aren’t overwhelmingly scorching. The crumb coating on the hen has three layers of taste, with spice within the flour, egg dip, and bread crumb combination! The creamy French onion dip soothes the warmth of the wing sauce within the topping for the proper mixture of flavors. I completely suggest making these sandwiches as written, but when spice isn’t for you there are a number of simple changes you may make to your style. The paprika within the flour and wing sauce within the egg whites and sandwich sauce can all be not noted based mostly in your preferences.
Air Fryer or Oven?
I’ve made the hen for these Spicy Hen Sandwiches in my air fryer and in my oven and offered path for each within the recipe directions under. You probably have each choices obtainable, I like to recommend cooking the hen in your air fryer as a result of the skin will get crispier, which I want. In case you don’t have an air fryer, the oven continues to be an amazing possibility and can make scrumptious hen to your Spicy Hen Sandwich.
Do I have to pre-heat my air fryer?
I’ve seen plenty of combined details about this. Some sources say you completely should pre-heat your air fryer and a few say you needn’t trouble. I believe it in all probability is dependent upon the model of air fryer you personal, so you could wish to test your guide. I’ve a COSORI model air fryer and don’t pre-heat for this recipe. I see that Philips (one other fashionable model) additionally says you don’t have to pre-heat. In case you’re unsure about your explicit mannequin, be happy to simply run it for a couple of minutes earlier than you add the hen to make sure.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Sandwich Rolls: I used Costanzo’s Traditional White Small Sandwich Rolls that are an area model I purchase at Wegmans. These rolls are 130 energy or 4 WW PersonalPoints every and so they’re scrumptious. Many sandwich rolls and hamburger buns have comparable vitamin stats, although you may undoubtedly use a lightweight bun when you want to spend much less energy/factors on the bread a part of the sandwich. Schmidt 647 sandwich rolls, for instance, are 80 energy or 2 WW PersonalPoints. I really like my Costanzo’s rolls with this, however be happy to save lots of a pair factors or some energy and go along with a lighter bun.
- Sauce: Belief me, it’s worthwhile to strive mixing French onion dip and Buffalo wing sauce. I put that combo on every thing. I exploit it as a salad dressing, dipping sauce, and sandwich topping. It’s so good. I all the time purchase Bison Dip which is an area Buffalo model, however Heluva Good may also work nice, and I’m positive different manufacturers as effectively. You can even sub ranch or blue cheese dressing when you want.
- Bread Crumbs: I really like the flavour and shade that cornflake crumbs deliver to this recipe! You will discover Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Crumbs in a field by the opposite breadcrumbs, there’s no have to grind up your individual cornflakes. In case you’re not into cornflake crumbs or simply don’t have any readily available you may undoubtedly use plain panko bread crumbs as a substitute.
Thinly reduce hen cutlets are bought within the meat part of most grocery shops, so undoubtedly be happy to simply seize these for this recipe. I usually purchase huge bulk packs of boneless, skinless hen breasts at my grocery retailer after which use kitchen shears to trim them down into the sizes and shapes I exploit often in recipes. It’s cheaper to purchase the breasts in bulk and since I exploit hen breasts quite a bit in my recipes it is sensible for me! I typically reduce the massive hen breasts widthwise into cutlets (normally 4 oz – 6 oz every) like those used on this recipe. Any hen that’s reduce off to make these I then reduce into small chunks to make hen bites. It’s simple to weigh out 1 lb or extra of hen chunks or tenders and a few 4, 5, or 6 oz cutlets and freeze them for later in quart dimension freezer baggage. That means, I all the time have some cutlets and a few hen bites readily available to make use of in my recipes!
Extra Tasty Lightened Up Hen Recipes:
In search of extra tasty, lightened up recipes utilizing hen breasts? Try my Air Fryer Hen Tenders, Tacky Backyard Vegetable Baked Hen, Barbecue Rubbed Hen Bites, Mexican Avenue Corn Hen, Tacky Broccoli Stuffed Hen, Lemon Pepper Hen Bites, Baked Hen Tenders, Crispy Onion Dip Hen, Nashville Sizzling Hen Bites, Crispy Hen Parmesan, Apple and Brie Stuffed Hen, Maple Dijon Hen and Squash Skillet, Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Hen, Blackened Hen Bites, Ricotta Stuffed Hen Bake, Lemon Garlic Hen and Beans Skillet, Cream Cheese and Herb Stuffed Hen, Tuscan Olive Hen, Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Hen Tenders, Pimento Cheese Stuffed Hen, Cream Cheese Stuffed The whole lot Hen, and lots of extra within the Hen part of my recipe index!
Spicy Hen Sandwiches
These selfmade lighter Spicy Hen Sandwiches deliver the warmth with juicy hen in a crisp coating smothered in a creamy sauce!
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 (4 oz every) skinny raw boneless skinless hen breast cutlets, (1 lb whole)
- 2 egg whites, overwhelmed
- 2 tablespoons + ½ teaspoon Buffalo wing sauce, divided
- ½ cup corn flake crumbs, (these are bought by the opposite bread crumbs in shops, no have to crush your individual!)
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons French onion dip, (I exploit Bison Dip, Heluva Good will work nice as effectively)
- 4 sandwich rolls or hamburger buns
- 4 leaves inexperienced leaf lettuce
- 4-8 tomato slices
In a small dish, combine collectively the flour and paprika. Place the hen cutlets right into a gallon Ziploc bag and add the flour/paprika combination. Seal the bag and shake to coat the hen.
In a shallow dish, beat the egg totally. Add ½ teaspoon of the Buffalo wing sauce and stir till effectively mixed. Put aside. In a separate shallow dish, stir collectively the cornflake crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne, onion powder and garlic powder till totally combined.
One by one, take the flour-coated hen cutlets and coat them within the egg white combination. Enable any extra egg to drip off after which press the hen cutlet into the corn flake crumb combine and flip in order that each side are coated in crumbs.
Air Fryer (advisable): Switch the crumb-coated hen to the basket of your air fryer in a single layer with out the cutlets touching one another. Frivolously mist the tops of the hen with cooking spray. Set the air fryer to 400 levels Fahrenheit and cook dinner for six minutes. Flip the tenders over and mist the tops with cooking spray. Proceed to air fry your tenders for one more 6 minutes till cooked by way of. Oven: Pre-heat oven to 425 levels Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. When the hen cutlets are crumb-coated, switch them to the baking sheet and flippantly mist the tops with cooking spray. Place the tray within the oven and cook dinner for 8 minutes. Flip the cutlets and mist once more with cooking spray. Return them to the oven for one more 8 minutes or till cooked by way of.
In a small dish, stir collectively the remaining two tablespoons of Buffalo wing sauce and the 4 tablespoons of French onion dip till effectively combined.
To construct every sandwich, place a lettuce leaf on the underside half of a sandwich roll and high it with 1-2 slices of tomato. Place a cooked hen cutlet on high of the tomatoes and unfold 1 ½ tablespoons of the Buffalo French onion sauce on high of the hen. Add the highest half of the sandwich roll and repeat to make 4 sandwiches (when you aren’t serving all 4 directly, hold the elements separate and construct the sandwiches as wanted). Serve instantly.
Vitamin Data per sandwich
342 energy, 36 g carbs, 3 g sugar, 6 g fats, 2 g saturated fats, 34 g protein, 2 g fiber, 643 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
8 per sandwich (PP calculated utilizing a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the vitamin info under)