This Tacky Zucchini Rice is a simple, versatile facet dish that pairs nicely with many alternative primary programs. I like serving it with meat from the grill in the summertime! I’ve seen comparable variations of this recipe on a number of totally different meals blogs and knew I needed to strive it. Who doesn’t love tacky rice? Zucchini is a vegetable everybody in my household enjoys, however when you’ve got a choosy eater in your family they might not even discover it. The flavour and texture mix proper in with the rice! You could possibly even peel the zucchini earlier than shredding it in case you are making an attempt to cover the inexperienced components.
This recipe takes minimal prep, which I like on a busy weeknight. Simply shred the zucchini and cheese, prepare dinner the rice, combine all of the substances collectively and serve! A 2/3 cup serving of this Tacky Zucchini Rice is simply 177 energy or 2-5 WW Private Factors every (relying on whether or not you will have brown rice as a Zero Level meals)! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or web site, click on right here.
Recipe Suggestions and Substitutions
- Rice: I used brown rice however you may undoubtedly use white if that’s what you favor or have readily available. Brown rice prepare dinner occasions and liquid quantities range, so comply with the instructions in your packaged rice and verify to verify it’s totally cooked earlier than mixing within the different substances.
- Cheese: I used a lowered fats cheddar, however when you’ve got one other sort in your fridge you may definitely change it up. I feel Parmesan could be scrumptious.
- Zucchini: The shredded zucchini is nice on this recipe, however if you wish to strive a special vegetable you may. Clearly summer season squash (yellow zucchini) would work nicely. I additionally suppose finely chopped broccoli could be nice.
- Observe: Please word that any substitutions made to the recipe could end in a change to the estimated vitamin data or WW factors listed.
Extra Tasty, Lightened Up Facet Dishes
On the lookout for extra tasty, lightened up facet dish concepts like this Tacky Zucchini Rice? Try my Broccoli Salad, Apple Coleslaw, Caprese Pasta Salad, Zucchini Squares, Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes, Summer season Vegetable Sauté, Garlic Herb Mushrooms, Caprese Salad, Spinach Balls, Buffalo Cauliflower Wings, Straightforward Salsa Rice, Zucchini Casserole, Avocado BLT Pasta Salad, Strawberry Quinoa Salad, Straightforward Garlic Knots, Spinach and Parmesan Orzo, Doritos Taco Salad, and extra within the Facet Dishes classes of my recipe index!
Tacky Zucchini Rice
This Tacky Zucchini Rice is a simple tasty facet dish that pairs nicely with many primary programs!
- 1 cup raw long-grain brown rice
- 2 ¼ cups low sodium hen broth or vegetable broth, (you might want a bit kind of relying in your rice instructions)
- 2 ½ cups shredded zucchini, (for me this was one giant zucchini)
- 1 cup shredded 50% lowered fats sharp cheddar , (I exploit Cabot)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, or extra to style
- ¼-½ teaspoon garlic powder, to style
- 1-2 tablespoons skim milk
Prepare dinner the rice and broth collectively in keeping with your rice’s bundle instructions in a medium saucepan. My brown rice used 2 ¼ liquid for 1 cup rice and the instructions have been to convey them to a boil after which scale back to a simmer, coated, for 45 minutes. I’ve discovered that brown rice instructions could range, so verify yours for broth amount and prepare dinner time.
When the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork. Stir within the zucchini, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Prepare dinner for 5-10 minutes on low, stirring often, to soften the cheese and warmth the zucchini. Add milk as wanted (1-2 tablespoons) to skinny out the feel if desired.
Diet Data per (2/3 cup) serving:
177 energy, 27 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 4 g fats, 2 g saturated fats, 9 g protein, 2 g fiber, 338 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers PointsPlus:
5 per (2/3 cup) serving (PP calculated utilizing the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
tailored from a number of sources together with Mel’s Kitchen Cafe, Buns in my Oven, and The Recipe Critic