Monster cookie lovers, this recipe is for you. I’ve had a lot enjoyable perfecting monster cookie recipes over the previous few years like these power bites and these (precise) cookies, and I knew a scrumptious bar filled with the entire yummy add-ins was so as.
These tahini monster cookie bars are crammed with all your favs like oats, chocolate chunks & chocolate candies, plus some additional particular add-ins that make the out-of-this-world scrumptious. They simply so occur to be gluten free because of almond flour and rolled oats, and are simply dairy free as nicely. Simply LOOK at these golden edges, ooey-gooey middles, and puddles of darkish chocolate.
The workforce and I made these superb bars final month and actually grew to become obsessed. They’re, after all, excellent straight from the oven however they’re additionally SO scrumptious proper out of the fridge! Any method you get pleasure from them you would possibly need to make a double batch as a result of everybody round you can be swooning.
What are monster cookies?
Monster cookies are form of a kitchen sink cookie, that means they’re all in regards to the mix-ins. Conventional monster cookies like my well-known recipe have:
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
These superb monster cookie bars swap the peanut butter for tahini and embody a couple of particular add-ins.
Every little thing you’ll must make these monster cookie bars
You significantly received’t have the ability to inform that these more healthy monster cookie bars are each gluten free and dairy free. They’re SO fudgy however are made with healthful components you’ll love! Right here’s what you’ll must make them:
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs to assist the monster cookie bars bake up correctly.
- Coconut sugar: I like the caramel-like taste that coconut sugar provides to those bars.
- Coconut oil: for the proper quantity of moisture you’ll want somewhat coconut oil.
- Tahini: we’re skipping the normal peanut butter and mixing tahini into these monster cookie bars as a substitute! Use the code ‘ambitiouskitchen’ to get 10% off my favourite model, Soom.
- Flour: we’re utilizing fantastic, blanched almond flour to maintain the bars gluten free.
- Oats: you’ll additionally want some rolled oats to present them the proper thickness. Bear in mind to make use of gluten free rolled oats to maintain the bars gluten free, too!
- Shredded coconut: you’ll combine in some unsweetened shredded coconut with the dry components for that true monster cookie taste.
- Baking staples: don’t overlook the baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt. Learn to make your individual vanilla extract right here.
- Scrumptious add-ins: we’re folding in darkish chocolate chunks (or chips) and chocolate candies for melty chocolate in each chunk. Bear in mind to make use of a dairy free model of chocolate to maintain the bars dairy free — use the code ‘AMBITIOUSKITCHEN’ for 20% off Hu Kitchen chocolate. Don’t overlook the sprinkle of fancy sea salt on prime!
Easy ingredient swaps
I extremely advocate sticking to this monster cookie bar recipe as carefully as doable with the intention to get one of the best outcomes! Nevertheless, listed below are a couple of ingredient swaps I can advocate:
- For the coconut sugar: be happy to make use of brown sugar as a substitute. Learn to make your individual brown sugar right here!
- For the coconut oil: should you’re not dairy free, you would additionally use melted butter.
- For the tahini: peanut butter or almond butter would additionally work nicely!
Can I make them vegan?
Please word that I’ve not examined these monster cookie bars with flax eggs. Let me know within the feedback should you do, and you’ll want to use a dairy free/vegan chocolate & chocolate candies as nicely.
In search of thicker bars?
Should you like your monster cookie bars extra “oat-y” and thicker, be happy to make use of 3/4 cup of rolled oats as a substitute of 1/2 cup. I personally choose utilizing 1/2 cup.
Monster cookie bars made in a single bowl
- Prep your pan. Begin by preheating the oven to 350 levels F and lining an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the moist components. Combine collectively the eggs, coconut sugar and tahini till they’re clean, then combine within the melted & cooled coconut oil and vanilla. Make sure you combine all the pieces nicely in order that there’s no oil separation.
- Add the dry. Combine within the almond flour, oats, coconut, baking soda & salt till nicely mixed.
- Add the mix-ins. Fold within the chocolate chunks and chocolate candies, reserving half for sprinkling on prime.
- Bake & get pleasure from. Add the dough to your ready pan, sprinkle on the remainder of the chocolate and bake! Once they’re executed sprinkle with sea salt, cool & then minimize and devour.
The important thing to excellent monster cookie bars
The important thing to creating excellent monster cookie bars which might be gooey and scrumptious is to barely underbake them. Take them out as quickly as the perimeters are getting barely golden brown. They’ll set extra as you allow them to cool.
Storing & freezing ideas
- Within the fridge: I’d advocate leaving the monster cookie bars on the counter for not more than a day or two, after which storing them coated within the fridge.
- To freeze: permit the bars to chill utterly, then minimize them as directed. Wrap particular person bars in plastic wrap, then in foil or a reusable bag comparable to Stasher baggage. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Extra brownies and bars you’ll love
Get all of my brownies & bars right here!
I hope you’re keen on these tahini monster cookie bars! Should you make them you’ll want to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you preferred them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Tahini Monster Cookie Bars
Gooey and scrumptious monster cookie bars crammed with one of the best add-ins like shredded coconut, chocolate chunks, and chocolate candies! These dairy free and gluten free monster cookie bars are made with creamy tahini as a substitute of peanut butter and make an unbelievable dessert for kiddos and adults.
- Moist components:
coconut sugar (or sub brown sugar)
tahini (or sub peanut butter or almond butter)
melted and cooled coconut oil
- Dry Elements:
packed fantastic almond flour
rolled oats (if you’d like them thicker/extra oat-y you are able to do ¾ cup however I choose ½ cup)
finely shredded unsweetened coconut (i take advantage of Bob’s Pink Mill)
- For the mix-ins:
darkish chocolate chunks or chocolate chips (dairy free if desired), divided
chocolate candies (I used Unreal model candies), divided
- Fancy maldon Salt, for sprinkling on prime
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, combine collectively eggs, coconut sugar and tahini till clean and creamy. Subsequent add within the melted and cooled coconut oil and vanilla and blend collectively once more till it is rather clean and nicely mixed. This could take not less than 30 seconds to combine till clean, you do not need any oil separation.
Add the dry components to the moist components till nicely mixed: almond flour, oats, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt. Lastly fold in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chunks/chips and ¼ cup of chocolate candies; you’ll reserve the opposite half of every for sprinkling on prime.
Add the dough to the ready pan and evenly unfold out with a spatula in the direction of the perimeters. Sprinkle the highest with remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup chocolate candies. Bake for 20-25 minutes till the perimeters are BARELY golden brown. The trick with these blondies is to barely underbaked them so that they keep good and fudgy and gooey. As soon as executed baking, sprinkle with sea salt. Enable blondies to chill for 20 minutes earlier than chopping into so that they don’t disintegrate. Lower into 16 squares.
To maintain gluten free: merely use gluten free rolled oats.
See the complete publish for straightforward methods to customise your bars, plus storing & freezing directions!
Servings: 16 servings
Serving measurement: 1 bar
Saturated fats: 7.8g