This tasty Turkey and Chorizo Enchilada Rice Bake is simple lightened up consolation meals you’ll wish to put in your common meal rotation! I made this dish for dinner one evening primarily based on what we occurred to have readily available in our fridge/freezer/pantry and my household beloved it a lot that I couldn’t wait to share it. Generally the very best recipes are made that means! This crave-worthy casserole is hearty and flavorful with rice, black beans, candy corn, onion, floor turkey, spicy pork chorizo, sharp cheddar cheese, and my favourite enchilada sauce. There’s even sneaky veggies (shredded zucchini) that mix proper in so choosy eaters won’t ever discover! A barely rounded one cup portion is simply 349 energy or between 5-9 WW PersonalPoints relying in your Zero Level meals. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and monitor it within the WW app or website, click on right here!
This Turkey and Chorizo Enchilada Rice Bake is completely scrumptious as written, however you can even modify the recipe primarily based in your preferences and what you could have readily available. Please word that making substitutions might have an effect on the vitamin info and WW factors listed.
- Rice: I all the time use my rice cooker once I want cooked rice for a recipe as a result of it’s really easy and hands-free, however you possibly can cook dinner your rice utilizing no matter methodology is best for you! For the reason that rice for this recipe goes in cooked, you should utilize quick-cooking rice if that’s what you could have. I used brown rice, however you possibly can positively substitute white for those who choose.
- Veggies: I added shredded zucchini to this dish and I beloved the best way it blended proper in! If you wish to bulk it up even additional with extra greens you possibly can definitely add one thing extra. I feel bell peppers or diced inexperienced chilies would work properly.
- Beans: I used black beans on this recipe they usually labored completely, however you probably have one other canned bean readily available, be at liberty to strive that out as a substitute!
- Corn: I used frozen corn kernels on this dish as a result of I all the time have a bag in my freezer, however you probably have canned corn or contemporary corn readily available, any of these would work simply superb. Simply drain the canned corn or minimize the contemporary corn off the cob after which measure out the identical quantity.
- Meat: I used further lean floor turkey breast balanced out with a pair hyperlinks of pork chorizo to maintain this lightened up whereas nonetheless getting that tasty chorizo taste. I positively advocate conserving the chorizo in there, however if you wish to change the bottom meat to floor rooster or floor beef and even bump up the ratio of chorizo, go for it!
- Tomato Sauce: I all the time have this readily available, however for those who don’t you possibly can add extra enchilada sauce and even salsa or broth.
- Spice: This dish is flavorful as written, however not spicy. If you would like extra of a kick, you possibly can add cayenne pepper, crushed purple pepper, a spicy taco seasoning on the bottom turkey, or some scorching sauce.
In search of extra Mexican-inspired recipes like this Turkey and Chorizo Enchilada Rice Bake? Take a look at my Rooster Taco Rice Skillet, Tacky Spicy Black Bean Skillet, Loaded Guacamole, Mexican Road Corn Rooster, Simple Rooster Tacos, Breakfast Tostadas, 7 Layer Dip, Simple Rooster and Bean Enchiladas, Simple Salsa Rice, Deep Dish Taco Casserole, Fiesta Stuffed Rooster, Simple Rooster Quesadillas, Mexican Rooster Cauliflower Rice Skillet, Beef Taco Soup, Layered Rooster Enchilada Bake, Spicy Beef Taquitos, Rooster Tamale Bake, Tacky Taco Pasta, and extra within the Mexican class of my recipe index!
Turkey and Chorizo Enchilada Rice Bake
This tasty Turkey and Chorizo Enchilada Rice Bake is simple lightened up consolation meals you may wish to make on repeat!
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 lb raw 99% lean floor turkey breast
- 6 oz raw chorizo pork sausage, casings eliminated (this was 2 hyperlinks for me)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 (8 oz every) packets purple enchilada sauce, (I take advantage of Frontera Purple Chile Enchilada Sauce, you possibly can substitute canned if that’s what you could have)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 4 cups cooked lengthy grain brown rice
- 4 oz 50% diminished fats sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I take advantage of Cabot)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, non-compulsory
Pre-heat the oven to 350 levels.
Drizzle 2 teaspoons of the oil in a big sauté pan or walled skillet. Deliver the oil over med-high warmth. Add the bottom turkey and chorizo and cook dinner, breaking apart into small chunks with a picket spoon or spatula. When the meat is damaged into small chunks and begins to brown, add the onions and proceed to cook dinner for an additional 4-5 minutes till the meat is cooked by and the onions are softened. Add the shredded zucchini and stir collectively. Cook dinner for an additional minute after which add the tomato sauce and enchilada sauce. Add the corn and black beans and stir collectively. Scale back the warmth to low, cowl, and cook dinner for five minutes, stirring often.
Stir the rice and a pair of ounces of the shredded cheese into the meat combination and switch your entire combination to a 9×13 casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining 2 ounces of cheese excessive. Place the dish within the heated oven and bake for half-hour. High with chopped cilantro (if utilizing) earlier than serving.
Vitamin Data per (1 cup) serving:
349 energy, 35 g carbs, 6 g sugars, 14 g fats, 2 g saturated fats, 25 g protein, 5 g fiber, 876 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers PointsPlus:
9 per (1 cup) serving (PP calculated utilizing the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)