She’s wholesome! She’s cute! She’s standard besides! For reals although, you’re about to fulfill (or reintroduce your self to) essentially the most scrumptious chocolate cake ever: my zucchini chocolate cake. I needed to re-share this magnificence as a result of it’s like a combination between a brownie, a cake and a chocolate molten cake omgggg. To be sincere I nailed this recipe the very first time I made it and I couldn’t cease spooning it out of the pan straight into my mouth.
However right here’s the deal: not solely is that this chocolate zucchini cake fairly wholesome, nevertheless it’s additionally gluten free, features a good quantity of protein because of siggi’s yogurt, is of course sweetened with pure maple syrup + coconut sugar and made with nutritious almond flour and oat flour. The very best half although? The melted chocolate + sea salt on high when it’s all completed. It’s like biting right into a fudgy, gooey brownie and I’m HERE FOR IT.
Do your self a favor and make this cake ASAP, all my style testers LOVED this one and I do know you’ll, too! Don’t overlook to return again and depart a remark + charge the recipe to inform me the way you appreciated it!
FREE Zucchini Recipe E-E book
Enroll under and get a FREE downloadable, printable e-book with my finest zucchini recipes (candy and savory!)
Your fav chocolate cake simply bought a wholesome makeover
That’s proper, this chocolate zucchini cake is made with better-for-you components you could be ok with! But it nonetheless tastes SO decadent. This chocolate zucchini cake is:
- Full of veggies. You received’t even be capable of inform, however there’s an entire fiber-packed zucchini baked proper into this cake!
- Gluten free. Oat flour and almond flour maintain this chocolate zucchini cake gluten free, and almond flour offers it some wholesome fat.
- Naturally sweetened. We’re utilizing some pure maple syrup and coconut sugar to present the cake the proper sweetness.
- Crammed with protein. A small container of siggi’s yogurt makes the cake tremendous moist whereas boosting the protein! Siggi’s truly has extra protein than sugar per cup, so you recognize we’re working with the products.
What you’ll must make this wholesome chocolate zucchini cake
This wholesome chocolate zucchini cake is made with loads of fridge and pantry staples for a enjoyable, straightforward dessert you’ll need to make time and again. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Zucchini: this little veggie is the star of the present! Zucchini offers the chocolate cake moisture with out having so as to add a ton of butter (like in common truffles). Examine our ideas for baking with zucchini within the publish under!
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs on this recipe to assist it bake up. We haven’t examined this recipe with flax eggs, however tell us in case you do!
- Sweetener: we’re naturally sweetening the cake with pure maple syrup and coconut sugar. You’ll additionally want some vanilla extract.
- siggi’s yogurt: I like baking with siggi’s yogurt as a result of it doesn’t add a ton of extra sugar and it offers baked items the proper quantity of moisture. I used the vanilla siggi’s on this one for a bit of enhance of taste!
- Coconut oil: to maintain the zucchini chocolate cake good and fudgy.
- Flours: as I discussed, we’re utilizing almond flour and oat flour to make the cake gluten free. See under for making your individual oat flour!
- Cacao powder: gotta have that wealthy chocolate taste (+ a lift of antioxidants!). So significantly better than common cocoa powder (although you should utilize that as an alternative!)
- Baking staples: don’t overlook the baking soda and salt.
- Topping & add-ins: I like mixing in chocolate chips and creating an epic chocolate drizzle with extra chocolate chips and coconut oil. Wanna get fancy? Add some contemporary raspberries and a sprinkle of sea salt to the highest, too!
Easy ingredient swaps
I like to recommend sticking with the recipe the perfect you could, however listed below are some straightforward ingredient swaps that ought to work effectively:
- For the coconut sugar: be at liberty to make use of common brown sugar as an alternative.
- For the yogurt: I like utilizing siggi’s vanilla yogurt, however their plain and even plant-based yogurt will work as effectively.
- For the coconut oil: melted and cooled butter or vegan butter are an excellent various.
- For the cacao powder: unsweetened cocoa powder works completely, too!
Can I exploit a special flour?
Sadly, no, I can’t suggest an alternative choice to the almond flour or oat flour right here as they provide the gluten free chocolate zucchini cake the proper texture.
Make your individual oat flour proper at dwelling
That’s proper, in case you’re out of oat flour you possibly can simply make it with only one ingredient! Take a look at my tutorial on how one can make do-it-yourself oat flour proper at dwelling to make use of on this gluten free chocolate zucchini cake. Really easy!
Keep in mind the following tips when baking with zucchini
- Use the small aspect of your grater so that you simply get excellent shreds of zucchini. Nobody will be capable of inform there’s a veggie within the cake! Actually, a easy cheese grater will even work effectively.
- Squeeze out your zucchini shreds as a lot as potential utilizing a cheesecloth, clear dish towel or paper towel to get all the extra liquid out. That is VERY necessary in order that the cake has the proper texture.
- Shred zucchini first, measure it out then squeeze off extra moisture.
- Be happy to shred a bunch of zucchini and freeze it for later! Observe my ideas and tips right here.
Enjoyable methods to customise this chocolate zucchini cake
- Make it further fudgy. If you need this cake to be tremendous fudgy, be at liberty to retailer the cake within the fridge! It can style identical to a brownie and will get much more moist and fudgy by the day.
- Select your fav frosting. Be happy to make use of a special frosting to make it your individual. You would halve both my strawberry frosting or peanut butter frosting for a novel twist.
- Rejoice a birthday! If you wish to make this a enjoyable birthday cake, be at liberty so as to add some fairly rainbow sprinkles on high of the melted chocolate. I like this model of pure sprinkles!
Methods to retailer this cake
Be happy to maintain the wholesome chocolate zucchini cake coated at room temperature for a few day or so, then place it within the fridge coated for five days.
Freezer-friendly chocolate zucchini cake
Sure, this one bowl chocolate zucchini cake freezes effectively for as much as 2 months! I want to freeze the cake with out the chocolate topping. Right here’s how one can do it:
- Let the cake cool after which wrap it effectively in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Place the total cake in a zip-top freezer bag.
- To serve it, thaw the cake within the fridge in a single day, then let the cake come to room temp earlier than including the chocolate topping and serving it.
Extra methods to make use of protein-packed siggi’s yogurt
Get all of our scrumptious recipes utilizing yogurt right here, and all of my zucchini recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this excellent wholesome chocolate zucchini cake! Should you make it you’ll want to depart a remark and a score so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake (wholesome + gluten free)
Unimaginable, fudgy chocolate zucchini cake that’s deliciously moist because of siggi’s vanilla yogurt and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup & coconut sugar. This gluten free chocolate zucchini cake is made with a mixture of almond flour and oat flour and could be made in a single bowl for the proper, straightforward summer season dessert!
- Moist components:
medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed of extra moisture with a paper towel (1 cup shredded zucchini)
coconut sugar (or sub brown sugar)
pure maple syrup
(5.3 oz) container siggi’s 0% vanilla yogurt
virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Dry components:
packed high-quality blanched almond flour
cacao powder (or sub unsweetened cocoa powder)
- For the topping:
- Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling on high
- Raspberries to garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
First, measure out 1 heaping cup of shredded zucchini, then place shredded zucchini in a paper towel or cheese material and squeeze out all the moisture/water. This is essential!
Add shredded zucchini, eggs, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, siggi’s yogurt, vanilla extract to a big bowl and whisk collectively till effectively mixed. Lastly stir in melted and cooled coconut oil till effectively mixed.
Subsequent, add dry components: almond flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Combine along with a picket spoon till effectively mixed. Fold ½ cup chocolate chips into the batter.
Pour batter into the ready pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or till a tester comes out clear. Enable the cake to chill for at the least half-hour within the pan on a wire rack earlier than topping it.
Subsequent make the topping: add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium bowl; microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, till chocolate is melted. Alternatively you possibly can soften the chocolate in a saucepan over low warmth. As soon as chocolate is melted, pour over the cake and tilt the pan aspect to aspect to assist evenly distribute the chocolate and coat each inch of the cake. Lastly, sprinkle a bit of sea salt on high in case you’d like.
Minimize the cake into 12 slices. Serve with contemporary raspberries or strawberries and revel in! Retailer cake within the fridge after a day.
If you need this cake to be tremendous fudgy, be at liberty to retailer the cake within the fridge! It can style identical to a brownie and will get much more moist and fudgy by the day.
Be happy to make use of a special frosting to make it your individual. You would halve both my strawberry frosting or peanut butter frosting for a novel twist.
If you wish to make this a enjoyable birthday cake, be at liberty so as to add some fairly rainbow sprinkles on high
To retailer: Be happy to maintain the wholesome chocolate zucchini cake coated at room temperature for a few day or so, then place it within the fridge coated for 5-7 days.
See the total publish for freezing directions!
Servings: 12 servings
Serving dimension: 1 slice (primarily based on 12)
Saturated fats: 9.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by The Conscious Hapa
This publish is sponsored by siggi’s. All textual content and opinions are my very own. Thanks for supporting the manufacturers that make AK potential! This publish was initially revealed on August 6, 2021, and republished on August 7, 2022.